Branch manager, Open Mortgage
By the time Michael Gonzales was 23 years old, he had already launched his own mortgage branch office. With more than a decade of industry experience under his belt, Gonzales is one of Open Mortgage’s top young originators and has personally helped hundreds of families into the homes of their dreams.
- Managing Director, Open Mortgage, LLC (2010)
- Partner, Manhattan Flats, Manhattan Quads, Timer Grove, LLC (2007)
- Managing Director, RMC (2007-2008)
- Managing Director, CFIC (2004-2007)
|Years of Experience:
14 years of industry experience
- 2014 Recognized by the National Financial Educators Council for contributions to the financial literacy movement in the Wichita community.
- 2012 and 2013 Open Mortgage Ranked 9th and12th, respectively, for Residential Mortgage Lenders by the Wichita Business Journal.
- Received nine top producer awards out of 400 CFIC branches.
- 2009 Contributor to the Housing Market Forecast published by the Center for Real Estate at Wichita State University.
- 2004 Orchestrated a CFIC branch start-up and growth to 11 employees, fueling revenues that ranked in the top 10% of all CFIC branches in the U.S.
- Former member of the Public Relations Committee for the Kansas Association of Mortgage Brokers.
- Former NASD series 6 and 63 certified. Former Kansas Life and Health Insurance certified.
- Named in the "Chancellor's List" of Academic Elites.
- Recipient of the Peter Hoidale Scholarship in Entrepreneurship.
- Listed on the W. Frank Barton School of Business Dean's Honor Roll, 2001-2003
- Wichita’s Money Smart Week Steering Committee Member, 2012 - present
- Wichita Toastmasters, 2009 - present
- Former President (2011) and Area Governor (2012) of West Wichita & Area 23 Toastmasters
- Current West Wichita Toastmaster Vice Present of Membership
- Achieved level of Competent Communicator & Advanced Leadership Bronze
- Children’s Miracle Network Beerfest Silent Auction Committee Member, 2012 – present
- Business Networking International Member, 2011 – present
- Financial awareness presenter and volunteer for South High Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID) program
- Annual sponsor and participant of YMCA Strong Kids Group Exercise Marathon
- National Association of Mortgage Professionals
- Kansas Association of Mortgage Professionals
- MBA, Business Administration, Wichita State University 2003 – 2006
- BA, Entrepreneurship (Graduated Cum Laude), Wichita State University 2000 – 2003
To read the full feature, please download Paydayloans247's Young Guns 2014
feature on PDF.